Wednesday, August 18, 2010

SukoshiCon 2010

Our cosplay group held our latest meetup at a Birmingham con - Sukoshi-con. S-con was a one day con, but was just as fun as any other 3-day con I've attended. The vendors were good, the entertainment was fun, and the friends were as good as anyone could ask for! There was a rock band contest, cosplay contest, and even a late night anime Rave. There were also a few panels, and although I was unable to attend any of the panels because of work (ugh), I was told they were very fun :) I was also informed that a few members of our group did an excellent job on the Rock Band tourney, and one of our members (Sam Blazer) even won a judge's pick award for her Umbreon cosplay! I'm so proud! *sniff, sniff, tear*

  
Sam's Award

 
Some of our group members Rockin' out
 
I took tons of pictures while I was there, and passed the camera off to a friend when I left. Also, some of our other group members brought their cameras. Here are just a few photos out of the hundreds....


Dealer's room was piled high with Manga and Dvd's...


Mini photoshoots were underway...


 My costume choice for the day, Wa-Loli.


My friend Sheridan also decked out in Wa-loli.



Liz as a super-cute Orihime Inoue


AJ, Our very own Mario


Sam the Umbreon



Our Fearless Leader, Wes/Dante


Yoko doing some announcements


No costume gathering is complete without METAL!


Bleach everywhere!

Some of my favorite cosplays from the day:











Luckily for me, I was able to return from work in time for part of the Rave, which was lots of fun.







The night was definitely full of fun, and I can't wait until the next meetup. This may have just been the best one yet! We were able to tell a lot of people about our group, so we'll hopefully have a lot of new faces at our next gathering. Looking forward to seeing all of our new friends there!










1 comment:

  1. Great pics. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Have you decided on a place and time for the next meetup?

    ReplyDelete